Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £2+ billion, the headquarter is based in the UK. Built to change the nature of grocery e-commerce globally, our custom-designed solutions are uniquely capable of meeting the complex and developing expectations of shoppers while driving better productivity, greater flexibility, and higher margins for grocery retailers online. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more.
One of the areas that DataArt’s experts help the client is the development of an exceptional set of solutions for operating online grocery businesses. They are completely based on cloud-solutions, everything is hosted on AWS. The custom-designed solutions are individually capable of meeting the complex and growing expectations of shoppers while driving better capacity and delivering greater resilience for online grocery retailers. These achievements have been proven in one of the world’s busiest markets for online groceries. To achieve this, the team uses cutting edge technologies and when that’s not enough, we push the boundaries of what’s possible. This is an ongoing set of projects, the main goals are: to develop new features, keep the system reliable and resilient, reducing risks, and improving performance to deliver the best UX for customers. We make the platform compliant with industry standards and customer requests.
Within this project, you will learn how to build very large systems in collaboration with about 2000 developers.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing data processing workflows, designing and building data marts to serve specific business lines. That gives you a unique opportunity to work with and influence how top technologies provided by Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, DataFlow, Cloud Storage) will evolve - the same that Google is using internally to process extreme amounts of data. You are responsible not only for development, maintenance and support of scalable and well monitored data processing workflows in batch mode but also driving the change toward streaming data processing. You will be expected to work closely with the product manager to identify and scope projects, plan those projects and effectively communicate advanced technical issues and findings to a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences. You are also an advocate of Data Driven paradigm and will be able to evangelize others about data processing best practices.
Java, AWS (lots of services), JS, Kotlin, Swift, Scala.
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Working experience with Java 8/11
- Solid understanding of databases and best engineering practices
- Familiarity with data structuring, design skills
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Good spoken and written English
- Build data orchestration tooling for a datalake
- Create company-wide best practices in data transformation
- Serve as an evangelist for the Data-Driven / Informed approaches
- Constantly look for improvements and learn from our mistake
- Collaborate with the team to set technical direction, working on requirements and design issues, making sure the software developed meets the standards and business objectives, and that all projects are accurately estimated and delivered on schedule
- Perform research, development, and optimization
- Take part in all stages of systems development, such as requirements collection, systems, and data design, software construction (coding), deployment of code to production, system support and maintenance, production issues resolution, performance tuning, code review, and change control
What we offer
• Professional Development:
— Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge;
— The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, and try yourself in different roles;
— More than 150 workplaces for advanced training;
— Study and practise English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries;
— Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities;
• Health insurance;
• The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement, and convenient corporate services;
• Friendly atmosphere, concern for the comfort of specialists, contemporary office space;
• Flexible schedule (there are core mandatory hours), the ability to work remotely upon agreement with colleagues.