Viatris embodies the new company’s goal of providing a path—“VIA”—to three—“TRIS”—core goals: expanding access to medicines, leading by innovating to meet patient needs, and being a trusted partner for the healthcare community worldwide.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
• MD or other Biomedical scientific background with more than 3 years of managerial experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferably in Medical Affairs.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, R&D, ability to understand the market, patients and customers’ needs.
• Business acumen, strategic and result oriented thinking with strong drive for implementation and proactive attitude; ability to develop innovative and impactful patient-centric strategies and tactics.
• Knowledge of local regulations in promotional conduct, safety reporting and deep understanding of the local health environment including its structure, policy, reimbursement processes, key members and scientific societies.
• Driven by learning & personal development (to risk management, authorizations as responsible person for Medical Information & promotion).
• Strong organizational and digital skills, ability to be flexible and prioritize multiple demands for omnichannel model.
• Demonstration of leadership, seniority, credibility, impact and influence.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral & written).
• Native local speaker and fluent in English both spoken and written.
• Lead by example; self-motivated; high level of integrity, ethical standards.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills, able to achieve goals in fastmoving multinational/matrix organization.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• As part of the business team, you take collective responsibility for the development of the business strategy and objectives, implementation of omnichannel model, based on medical professionalism grounds and knowledge of the therapeutic areas.
• You develop and execute medical strategies/medical operational plans for each therapeutic area with emphasis on data communication activities. Ensure knowledge on recent scientific evolutions, guidelines, competitor’s market information etc.
• You act as the Medical Ambassador for both internal and external customers (opinion leaders, patient and medical organizations). Represent the medical department at meetings of regional and global medical affairs meetings for selected therapeutic areas.
• Communicate the value of the Medical affairs function to internal and external stakeholders.
• Prepare, perform and update internal and external medical training, evaluate knowledge and adapt where needed.
• Provide expert clinical opinion and, when appropriate, training for internal and external customers on products and therapy areas.
• Maintain and continuously update and develop medical-scientific knowledge and experience, in relation to company’s products and therapy, such that opportunities are recognized and utilized.
Accountable for scientific input in portfolio management or business development projects
• Supporting sales colleagues and marketing brand teams. Provide insights, expertise and medical support in new opportunities. Gather clear info from internal/external stakeholder to ensure clear up-to-date medical scientific evaluation.
• Be open and actively listen for new opportunities during contacts with KOL’s, leaders of patient and professional organizations or other stakeholders that will bring new approaches, unique added value and benefits for the patients and bring eventual opportunities to Business Development.
Ensure all activities are in line with Company’s and industry Codes of Practice/the medicines Act/local legislation
• Ensure medical and ethical correctness of promotional materials/communications to public/messages/actions.
• Ensure consistent application of Viatris standards and local regulations.
• Accountability to propose and lead the development/writing of specific local medical affairs procedures when applicable.
• Build and coordinate a performant medical information handling system across all therapeutic area’s in close collaboration with all local and global stakeholders.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.