Workday Strategic Sourcing is a leading provider in cloud-based strategic sourcing solutions that help organizations source faster and achieve better business outcomes. Strategic Sourcing has a direct impact on Workday’s ability to deliver a comprehensive source-to-pay strategic sourcing offering, elevating the office of procurement in strategic importance and transforming the procurement function. We are looking to grow our team of over 50 employees in Latvia.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to help us keep shipping features to customers who love our products.
Day-to-day, they’ll be responsible for taking high-fidelity prototypes and transforming them into fully functional features with a solid and secure API backend, clean front-end components, and automated tests. High-quality code and the ability to deliver milestones all the way to production are our key metrics for success.
You’re probably keen to hear about our tech stack:
- Our application is built on Ruby on Rails.
- We take full advantage of Postgres with a trigger-based time machine, SQL views, and a willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense.
- AWS is our product’s home.
- We’re really enjoying React, Redux and Apollo GraphQL client with ES6 and SCSS. Frontend code is unit-tested using Jest and Enzyme and cleanliness is maintained using latest approaches (ESLint, AirBnB style guide, Prettier)
- Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and websockets definitely play their parts.
And curious about our engineering workflow:
- We release to production once every two weeks.
- Jira and Slack help us coordinate across continents and time zones.
- Gitlab helps us improve each other's code, and our well-tuned linter keeps reviews quick on style and heavy on substance.
- Our QA team works hard to catch issues, bugs, and cross-browser glitches before we merge a pull request into the mainline, and again before release in the weekly smokte test.
- Gitlab CI gives us the power to continually improve our automated testing infrastructure.
We'll promise you a great company, good compensation and an equity stake in a company with great career advancement opportunities.
- Minimum 5+ years software development experience
You’re responsible, skilled, helpful, and kind. You recognize your team relies on you, but you know when to stop working and value the smart solution over the hard one. We’re looking for someone
- Proposes the pragmatic solution to painful problems
- Finds opportunities to teach others
- Loves to hear about the value our work delivers to our customers
- Kindly and consistently pushes the team forward, but knows how to pick their battles
The engineering team is comprised of dedicated senior engineers who are fun and independent. You are supported by smart, driven and fun people dedicated to helping you succeed.
Gross salary: From 4500 up to 6500 EUR + bonuses