Vacancy - Estates Assistant (LVA21.514)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Riga is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Estates Assistant.
You will support Health and Safety and Fire Safety compliance of Embassy properties carry out regular property inspections, simple repairs, and maintenance tasks in Embassy properties. Work with external contractors; and maintain appropriate paperwork.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out handyperson’s duties, simple repairs and broad range of maintenance tasks on Embassy properties, e.g. ensuring fixtures and fittings are in good working order, minor plumbing and carpentry, testing electronic appliances, clearing or cleaning general areas, shifting and assembling furniture or equipment, painting and decorating, changing filters, maintaining compound external area throughout different seasons, and other.
• Carry out regular monitoring of Embassy properties and technical systems, documenting issues discovered and raising those issues with the Estates Manager.
• Implement Health and Safety and Fire Safety requirements, and ensure external contractors adhere to relevant work safety practices.
• Support the Estates Manager in carrying out preventive maintenance of the Embassy properties and technical systems. Assist with engaging with external specialist contractors and arranging maintenance works, monitoring contractor’s work.
• Make purchase of materials, and timely reporting/accounting for these purchases.
• Fill-in and file appropriate work documentation in electronic and paper format.
• Manage the stock and inventory of work equipment, materials and tools.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• Broad range of practical technical maintenance skills;
• Conversational level of English (A1 Level), good working knowledge of Latvian (B1 Level)*.
• Ability to resolve problems, and resolve requests quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to read and understand instructions (in Latvian and English), and adhere to health and safety guidelines.
• Good communication skills, ability to deal with customers, other contractors or maintenance workers.
• Capable of working with machinery, moving furniture or equipment.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Driver’s Licence.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
• Any Qualifications and/or Courses, and/or proven experience in health and safety, fire safety, electrical safety, plumbing, plastering, carpentry, or general maintenance will be considered as an advantage.
• Being resourceful, self-motivated and flexible.
Changing and Improving, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline:1 December 2021
Type of Position:Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week:40
Region:Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post : British Embassy
Number of vacancies :1
Salary Currency :EUR
Salary:1,246.75 monthly gross
Start Date:3 January 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time, permanent position with a 3 month probation. Working time is 40 hours per week (gross).
Embassy provides all its employees the following benefits:
• Two additional annual leave days on top of those mandated by law;
• A combination of Latvian and UK public holidays - 14 working days-off per year;
• Comprehensive Health Insurance that among others also includes dental care and sports.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. Please note that you will also have to present a Covid-19 vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Riga are subject to terms and conditions of service that are in line with the employment laws in Latvia.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Latvia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Tev varētu interesēt arī:
€ 1700 – 1700
Beigu termiņš: 15.07.2022
€ 900 – 1300
Beigu termiņš: 05.07.2022
€ 1000 – 1300
Beigu termiņš: 06.07.2022