This is the time full of new opportunities and chances to stand up and bring out the best in you!
Luminor is a contemporary, new-generation bank and financial services provider in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with a local understanding of its home markets and customer needs. Built on the extensive experience of the two leading Nordic banks and a corporate partnership with a global investment firm - Blackstone, Luminor is the third-largest financial services provider in the Baltic region. With its customer base of 1.3 million clients and its team of over 2500 professionals, Luminor aims to become a leading financial services provider for Baltic businesses and entrepreneurial people.
Join us and become our newest team member making the change and advancing the world of banking!
Make the change as IFRS Expert
IFRS Expert will be joining Luminor IFRS Competence Unit, which acts as a trusted advisor to Group Finance Division units in relation to accounting and IFRS related matters, works closely with other divisions helping to improve the control environment and ensures smooth external audit processes.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization as an expert and consult and coach product owners on accounting schemas and IFRS requirements
- Monitor regulatory requirements related to accounting and international financial reporting standards (IFRS) with the aim to determine the potential impact on financial statements
- Coordinate implementation of relevant changes into daily accounting and regulatory reporting processes due to revised regulatory and IFRS requirements
- Prepare accounting schemas for banking products based on the IFRS requirements and specifics of banking chart of accounts
- Investigate and identify deficiencies in the control environment, propose the solutions and ensure that the appropriate actions are taken by the stakeholders
- Contribute to the interim and annual financial statements preparation process ensuring compliance with the reporting requirements as well as optimizing the disclosures
- Develop internal regulations and documentation for accounting processes
- Participate and coordinate different accounting and process improvement related projects
- Collaborate with auditors performing a statutory audit of the Bank
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BSc degree in economics, banking, finance, accounting or business administration
- “Can-do” approach and “eye for detail”
- Knowledge and experience in preparation of accounting schemas for banking products based on the IFRS requirements and specific banking charts of accounts would be considered as an advantage. Expertise in documentation of accounting regulations and guidelines
- SQL knowledge considered as advantage, but willingness to learn SQL is a must
- Experience in optimizing the control environment
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing work situations
- Ability to collaborate efficiency with others, creating a positive team split
- Relevant qualifications or studying towards such as ACCA or CFA are considered as an advantage
- English language working proficiency (oral and written)
Why Luminor? What we can offer you:
- Dynamic and international working environment that is filled with interesting challenges and opportunities as we build and innovate a new bank together
- Varied opportunities to support your professional and personal development and growth
- A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary
- An additional benefits package for employees after 1 year in the company, which includes additional days of vacation
- A collaborative and supportive team where you can create and implement ideas
- A salary range for this position at 2080 - 3120 EUR (Gross), which is to be determined depending on the level of experience and competencies of the selected candidate
Application deadline is 5th of December 2021
In case of questions please feel free to contact the hiring manager Glebs Filipovs email@example.com