What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world. This, combined with excellence in our HR practices, helped us to get certified as “Top Employer 2022” in Latvia and in Europe.
If you are studying or have completed degree in the field of IT or are open to re-skilling and have already made first steps to IT world by attending courses or doing self-study, and your goal is to kickstart your career in IT, we want to invite you to join us for the ‘’Talent Greenhouse’’ program as JUNIOR DATA DEVELOPER with an opportunity to extend your learning journey into a permanent position!
Talent Greenhouse program is a 9-month development program, that offers in longer run to train new potentials in IT field. The program consists of two parts:
1. Training and engagement: (first 3 months):
• Get to know Cognizant and Connects sessions
• Expand your programming skills, gain knowledge about modern data and analytics technologies
• Daily tasks
2. Work on customer, performance and development targets (for 6 months):
• Continuous trainings and work on individual performance
• Getting ready / start to work on client project
After passing the full program and showing successful performance, Cognizant can provide Permanent work opportunities to work on client engagements.
Your main tasks:
• Provide data quality and integrity validation, develop and test solutions.
• Be an active member of the team that develops data pipelines and data products.
• Acquire a good understanding of data management and software development lifecycle.
• Load data from third party sources and internal applications, transform data if needed.
• Help your team to create a cutting-edge cloud data platform for a client.
What we expect from you:
• Basic programming experience.
• Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
• SQL knowledge.
• Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good English.
The rest our friendly and professional colleagues will teach You.
What you can expect by joining Cognizant?
• Paid traineeship will start with 500,- EUR gross monthly and with opportunity to significantly increase income after the first 3 months of learning and later after completing the program.
• Health Insurance after first 3 months.
• Flexible working hours and ability to work from home.
• Professional training and support from experienced colleagues.
• Various learning platforms with over 50,000 self-paced courses, books and other training resources.
• Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
• Self-realization opportunities through outreach and communities.
Cognizant as a digital company, makes employee health and safety its top priority. With that in mind, we are implementing virtual hiring and work practices which means interviews will be conducted online.