Current Time https://www.currenttime.tv is a 24/7 television and digital network for Russian speakers, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for a Line Producer to join our new Baltic show based in Riga. You will be responsible for bringing the show to air. You will create and monitor the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock. You will make sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction. You will point out daily show issues in post-mortem meetings coordinating with entire team to ensure high standards.
• Responsible for bringing the show to air. During the broadcast informs Executive/Senior Producer of what’s coming up and makes snap decisions on floating and killing stories.
• Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with Executive/Senior Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos. Makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
• Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
• Communicates clearly and directly with Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer, liaise with technical and location staff.
• Deals with all incoming video-ingest issues and is responsible for video storage. Makes sure video and graphics are in the Tricaster and ready for daily air.
• Participates in research and content gathering from news agencies and RFE/RL’s language services.
• Edits raw videos if required and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
• Performs related duties as needed. Writing and edits news copy and scripts as needed, ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air. May act as a substitute for other comparable roles, e.g., video editor, teleprompter operator, and occasional host
• Undergraduate BA degree (in communications or journalism preferred).
• At least 5 years of experience working in journalism/editorial/TV production role with the responsibility for newsroom systems operation, televisions production, including live streaming from the field.
• Demonstrated sound editorial judgment.
• Working knowledge of the relevant broadcast region.
• Video editing and writing skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Must be organized and pro-active with strong leadership and management skills.
• Demonstrated creative ability to enterprise, innovate, conceptualize and implement ideas.
• Demonstrated proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
• Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development
• Russian, proficient level, mandatory.
• Latvian or Lithuanian or Estonian, proficient level, mandatory
• English, intermediate level, mandatory.
Tev varētu interesēt arī:
€ 1000 – 1400
Beigu termiņš: 30.08.2022
€ 2700 – 3200
Beigu termiņš: 20.08.2022
€ 1400 – 1800
Beigu termiņš: 19.08.2022