Byjuno is a financial services provider based in Zug, Switzerland. Founded in 2014, the goal of Byjuno is to provide easy, fast and modern consumer finance payment solutions for payment by invoice for consumers or businesses who purchase goods and service at online and POS stores. Byjuno's vision is to be a leading, independent and consumer centric payment provider.
Byjuno is a daughter company of the Intrum Group, undisputed Market Leader in Credit Management Services, based in Stockholm Sweden.
As Data Scientist, part of the Risk Management team, you will be supporting our credit portfolio management from a data gathering, reporting and analytical point of view and you will be in charge of modelling and analytics.
With the continuous build-up of our business, in collaboration with the Risk Director and IT stakeholders, you are a key contributor to the company's growth plans.
Being a young company, the role includes personal engagement to strengthen the risk management department, enhancing the data collection and mining capabilities, developing, implementing and monitoring scoring models and functioning as the gatekeeper for the Byjuno credit decision platform.
You will work in a small team of professionals who all have a common goal, to consolidate our position of number one provider in the Swiss market for payment by invoice solutions.
The location of this job is within our group-wide Software Development Centre in Riga, where you will sit next to the Byjuno IT Team. Occasional travel to Switzerland will be required.
This is the job.
- Gather, analyze and model data to support the risk underwriting and authorization processes;
- Implement and maintain decision workflows, rules and models in order to ensure optimal risk vs. reward balance;
- Administer and contribute to the further development of the Byjuno Credit Decision Platform;
- Contribute in broader Analytical development projects and be a key driver for ByJuno Data Science strategy set-up;
- Drive data quality assurance and collaborate with the Data Management teams across the organization to continuously improve data availability.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or related quantitative field is preferred, although experience in applied data science projects in financial services or credit management will be heavily considered;
- Experience 2+ years in advanced analytics and/or data science;
- Sound analytical, data management and statistical knowledge to perform complex statistical analyses on both internal and external data;
- Fluency in at least on programming language (Python, R, SAS);
- Strong knowledge of SQL;
- Basic knowledge of databases;
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken), ability to present suggestions and results and contribute to discussions;
- Experience in financial services or credit management sector is a plus.
- Experience working in multinational environment, being part of the Global IT or Data & Analytics functions in the leading credit management company in Europe;
- Monthly gross salary from 2500 to 4000 EUR;
- Hybrid working, location by your choice (remote/ in office), and a healthy attitude towards flexible working patterns;
- Respecting private life, providing 3 extra leave-days for personal needs;
- Health insurance and paid mental health support (from your first steps);
- Snacks and fruits to boost your office day;
- Well-being activities, surprises, and birthday gifts (lunch stretching sessions, sporty challenges, mini competitions with prizes);
- Supporting self-driven learning (i.e., paid conference fees, relevant Udemy courses).
Do you know anyone working in Intrum Global Technologies? Reach out to them about the Referral process on Workday.