Who are we:
On Air Entertainment, powered by Microgaming, was founded in January 2021 and is led by a collective of senior industry professionals with a proven history in live casino.
Since our conception we have grown our business from 4 to 600+ people. We all have the same growth mindset, we are agile, driven and collectively developing a world class culture and in turn a world class organization.
Guided by a clear vision our management team seized the opportunity to build a new live studio from the ground up with our purpose-built platform and suite of live casino products including our first game standard Blackjack. Our product portfolio continues to grow and so does our aspirations. With offices based in the gorgeous Malta and our state-of-the-art studio in Riga, Latvia we continue to grow into other locations globally.
To build on more than 100 years of knowledge and expertise to bring our customers competitive, customisable and world-leading content, delivering an optimal service that is simple, fast and effective.
To be a global innovator of choice for tailored life casino experiences. Inspiring customers engaging players.
On Air Entertainment is on a journey of building new games and gaming platform, that is allowing high-load and thus, supporting thousands of players concurrently playing our games and using our products. At the same time offering a great player experience via custom-built platform, being resilient, reactive and message driven, utilising event sourcing and CQRS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Scala programming language (or strong will to learn it);
- Passionate to learn a lot of new things - technology and on the iGaming side: deep dive into industry internals and world of high-load, reactive systems;
- Good knowledge of English
- Higher education or few year of professional experience relevant to the job;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, creativeness, honesty;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company;
Appreciated experience in:
- Akka Actors, Akka persistence, Akka HTTP, Akka Cluster;
- Cats or optionally Scalaz & Monix;
- Docker, Kubernetes;
- Kafka, Cassandra, PostreSQL;
- Experience in Event Sourcing, CQRS;
- Experience in other JVM based programming languages (e.g. Java, Kotlin, Clojure) is a plus;
- Experience or interest in Cats Effects, ZIO, Tagless Final is a plus.
If you feel like some of the requirements are the areas you feel needs improving - no worries!
We have a united team that would help get you up to speed and help you learn, being a productive engineer, building new market disruptive and innovative products along the way.
The team & ways we work:
- Start-up culture, allowing for creativity and trying new things;
- We work in self-organising agile teams;
- Dev teams have all the support from infrastructure, business, technology and leadership;
- We’re open and transparent in decision making: everyone has a voice, new ideas are always welcome;
- Constant feedback and support to individuals;
- We value results over process and tools;
- We value team-work and unity, so the best candidates are team-players ready to own their work passionately from beginning to the end.
- Annual vacation - at least 25 paid working days
- Health insurance
- Trainings and conferences support
- Flexible in remote and office work;