Senior Information systems engineer (Support)
This is the job.
- Prepare and deploy Linux / Windows (by your choice) based applications using scripts, Ansible or package manager
- Maintain production application(s). Ensure application
- Make complex configuration of application/s under your responsibility scope via Web interface or command line
- Perform case (incident problem) comprehensive analysis. Troubleshoot and investigate problems pre-processed by Service desk team or directly reported by application users for application in your responsibility scope.
Scripting: Use or develop diagnostics scripts for complex problem scenarios using language of your choice Python/Go/Bash/PowerShell
Network: Do in-depth network diagnostic on all layers of OSI model using Wireshark/tcpdump including application protocols like HTTP, FTP, SMTP. etc.
Databases: check and identify complex DB connection issues like connection drops, resource bottlenecks
O/S: Do in-depth O/S layer analysis
Security: SSL connections inspection, check and enforce application(s) compliance with IT security instruction
Use monitoring dashboards and monitoring systems to compare to solution performance baseline
- Provide and implement resolution steps and measures based on troubleshooting analysis
- Escalate and forward tickets to the relevant Development and Operations teams in case problem can't be resolved on your level, supplying investigation results, and troubleshooting steps
- Create tickets to external partners responsible for support of various systems, escalate problematic cases, when necessary. Forward information between external partners and internal teams.
- Good (above average) knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Ability to decompose complex problems and sort them by urgency and priority.
- Ability to understand and formalize client requirements in the technical language.
- Ability to lead process of solving complex issues, which requires several teams.
- It is a bonus if you understand modern development lifecycle: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD and ITIL concepts.
- High degree of responsibility for the systems under control with focus to reliability.
- Ability to keep track of multiple ongoing tasks simultaneously.
- Being able to plan own work (define deadlines).
Seen as advantage:
- CompTIA Security+
- Comptia Linux+ / LCIP or similar
- Comptia Network+ or similar
- Experience with any of these tools/apps: Zabbix, Grafana, Jira, Confluence, Git and Gitlab, Jenkins, Kafka, Graylog, sFTP server, Nginx, Haproxy, Apache, Ansible, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle SQL clients, Keepalive, Microsoft Failover clustering, AWX, Hadoop, Vault, Nomad, Consul, Kubernetes, Docker, JBOSS/Tomcat/Wildlfy Webservers, VirtualBox.
- Experience working in a multinational environment, being part of the Global IT or Data & Analytics functions in the leading credit management company in Europe.
- Monthly gross salary from 2500 EUR to 4300 EUR.
- Hybrid working, location by your choice (remote/ in office), and a healthy attitude towards flexible working patterns.
- Respecting private life, providing 3 extra leave-days for personal needs.
- Health insurance and paid mental health support (from your first steps).
- Snacks and fruits to boost your office day.
- Well-being activities, surprises, and birthday gifts (lunch stretching sessions, sporty challenges, mini competitions with prizes).
- Supporting self-driven learning (i.e., paid conference fees, relevant Udemy courses).