Make joining Norwegian your smart move!
We are Norwegian all the way and will be our customers smart move. We work hard to be the low-cost choice with a high-quality experience. We aim to be the sustainable option and a reliable ride by deliver smart solutions for our customers so they can tailor their journey to their needs. We are proud to be named as Europe's Best Low-Cost Airline and winning over 55 awards for our service, product, and innovation in the industry. Norwegian flies one of the youngest and most fuel-efficient fleets in the world.
Norwegian is continuing to grow and recently opened a brand new Riga Support Office. Right now we are building up the Shared Services Payroll team and looking for new colleague to join in the position of Senior Specialist Payroll. The role will be based in Riga, Latvia, but it will belong to Group Payroll team and on daily basis would be closely collaborating with colleagues from other countries.
As a Senior Specialist Payroll you will be working on following tasks:
- Ensure effective control points and quality checks are carried out against defined payroll processes.
- Assist in the development of payroll processes in system.
- Manage the payroll process in back end and with inputs for designated companies in the - Norwegian Group.
- System improvement and fixes.
- Ensure compliance between Norwegian Group and local regulations, hereunder local legislation throughout the whole Norwegian Group.
- Serve as the expert in payroll field for all or several Nordic countries, and contribute in payroll processing for all Nordics, Latvia and Spain.
- Authorization of month-end payroll closing.
- Monthly reconciling of payroll accounts.
Education, knowledge and experience which will be needed to perform in this role:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or related area.
- Extensive experience in the end-to-end payroll running process.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Payroll/Accounting.
- Excellent skills in Excel.
- Experience from Payroll in the airline industry considered an asset but not a necessity.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
You are the right candidate if you also:
- Are able to manage competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Have superb teamwork capabilities, including networking, team building and people development.
- Are flexible, know how to prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Work independently and are capable of independent decision making.
- Are an excellent communicator.
- Are business and solution oriented with a strong sense of ethics.
- Have good analytical skills.
- Have a strong understanding of and commitment to the Norwegian Group values and culture.
- Enjoy and know how to work and communicate in multicultural work environment.
Join us and enjoy our company benefits:
- Positive and exciting place to work and grow in a global expanding organization.
- Opportunities to learn from experienced colleagues and expand professional experience.
- Challenging, variable and dynamic environment.
- Opportunity to purchase employee priced tickets.
- Health insurance.
- Well equiped workplace in brand new and cosy office, opportunity to work from home few days per week.
Do you have any questions? If so, please contact:
Zanda Smate, HR Manager Latvia, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now and make your smart career move!! We will be glad to receive your CV and cover letter by 21/08/2022.
Please note: We can only accept applications that have been submitted through our recruitment system.