Senior IT Operations Support specialist
This is the job.
- Monitor a variety of systems and interfaces, scheduled tasks and business application processes in order to ensure business process continuity.
- Respond to incidents, further diagnosis, resolution, root cause identification, documentation.
- Be part of the development process.
- Plan and schedule upgrades, updates, reconfigure OS and applications, test and implement configuration changes.
- Continual improvement process (SD Processes and manual work automation).
- Troubleshooting/investigation of incidents & problems.
- Communication with relevant teams (internal, external), to ensure timely handling of the incidents.
- Creating and maintaining incident short overview with all the relevant details, timelines, analysis and actions.
- Logs analysis and assistance in investigations during incidents and requests from relevant teams.
- Collaborate with developers and administrators to ensure full understanding of all logs shipped to centralized log management solution.
- IT degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work on projects independently, keeping track of many ongoing tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of how to measure and monitor service performance in terms of availability, quality and overall health.
- Practical Linux, Windows administration skills.
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Grafana, Prometheus).
- IT Service Desk experience.
- Fluent written and verbal English language.
- You are a focused and responsible person who is able to follow procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with Jira service desk, Zabbix, scripted automation.
- Ability to carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
- Ability to work alongside other departments to achieve company goals and vision.
- Communication Skills.
- Logical thinking and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and grow within the company.
Seen as advantage:
- Ability to maintain servers and keep the applications and services up and running.
- Understanding of Windows domain infrastructure, AD, LDAP, GPO, permissions, security groups.
- Understanding of database concepts - oracle, mssql, mysql/maria, postgre, mongo.
- Good understanding of Service Desk, Support and Problem Management practices.
- Previous experience supporting Java/Scala based applications would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience working in a multinational environment, being part of the Global IT or Data & Analytics functions in the leading credit management company in Europe.
- Monthly gross salary from 1800 EUR to 2800 EUR.
- Hybrid working, location by your choice (remote/ in office), and a healthy attitude towards flexible working patterns.
- Respecting private life, providing 3 extra leave-days for personal needs.
- Health insurance and paid mental health support (from your first steps).
- Snacks and fruits to boost your office day.
- Well-being activities, surprises, and birthday gifts (lunch stretching sessions, sporty challenges, mini competitions with prizes).
- Supporting self-driven learning (i.e., paid conference fees, relevant Udemy courses).