This is the job.
- Data quality analysis;
- Help the local units to spot issues in their data and drive them to improve it;
- Compare data between systems, find issues and report to the local units;
- Support the local units to improve their data quality;
- Design, develop and maintain data quality related toolkit.
- Structural and organized way of thinking: you must look at the data, spot the problem and come up with options for solving issues;
- Define processes and ways of working for how to continuously improve the quality of data;
- Communication skills and persuasive attitude in order to communicate with the local units and drive them to fix data quality issues;
- Business analyst skills: ability to understand business processes and how that relates to the underlying data;
- Good SQL knowledge, ability to work with large data sets to find quality issues, detect data structures;
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Experience in financial services or credit management sector is a plus;
- Experience in daily work with data and data quality is a plus.
- Experience working in a multinational environment, being part of the Global IT or Data & Analytics functions in the leading credit management company in Europe.
- Hybrid working, location by your choice (remote/ in office), and a healthy attitude towards flexible working patterns.
- Monthly gross salary from 2000 - 2600 euros / monthly.
- Respecting private life, providing 3 extra leave-days for personal needs.
- Health insurance and paid mental health support (from your first steps).
- Snacks and fruits to boost your office day.
- Well-being activities, surprises, and birthday gifts (lunch stretching sessions, sporty challenges, mini competitions with prizes).
- Supporting self-driven learning (i.e., paid conference fees, relevant Udemy courses).