SECURITY GUARD (LVA20.234)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category :Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory :Security
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Riga is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Security Guard.
As a member of the guards’ team, you will work closely with your team-mates to ensure the British Embassy compound and external perimeter is kept safe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of the guard is to control access and observe internal and external territory of the Embassy;
- Security of staff, Offices and Residences;
- Perimeter patrols;
- Search visitors and their bags;
- Vehicles bomb search;
- Consular/Visa Section access control;
- CCTV system monitoring;
- Scan mail using the mail scanner equipment;
- Raise alarms, incident response, and liaison with police;
- General administration (e.g. Occurrences register, mail, flags);
- Training (e.g. self-defence, professional security, languages);
- Escort external visitors and monitor the work of external contractors;
- Perform minor maintenance assistance, move of equipment or furniture;
- Keeping the working area, tools and equipment in good order.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Skills and experience in security / guard role;
- Conversational level of English, good working knowledge of Latvian (knowledge of Russian will be considered an advantage);
- Basic computer skills.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Willingness to learn new skills or qualifications.
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Application deadline :22 June 2020
Type of Position :Full-time, Night shifts, Permanent
Working hours per week :40
Region :Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Location (City) :Riga
Type of Post :British Embassy
Number of vacancies :1
Starting monthly salary (EUR) :Starting from EUR 776 (gross) based on an hourly rate, depending on hours worked, night shifts, public holidays, overtime.
Start Date :3 August 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time, permanent position with a 3 month probation. Working pattern is in 12-hour shifts in a roster.
Embassy provides all its employees the following benefits:
- two additional annual leave days on top of those mandated by law;
- A combination of Latvian and UK public holidays - 14 working days-off per year;
- Comprehensive Health Insurance that among others also includes dental care and sports.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Riga are subject to terms and conditions of service that are in line with the employment laws in Latvia.
Visa/Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Latvia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary after 31st December 2020.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”....