Worldline is the European leader in digital payments, powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Every day, our technology provides the trusted infrastructure for millions of people and businesses around the world - and we´re just getting started. We are on an exciting journey to lead the way toward the next frontier of payments. Our ambitions are extraordinarily high, and we need the best people in the world to bring them to life – people like you. So if you are a highly skilled salesperson looking to make a real impact on the world, join our journey!
We’re looking to hire a Business development Manager for our Financial Services division, Nordics & Baltics. Financial Services is one of our 3 global lines of business making financial institutions in the region successful.
This is a critical role for the business, driving business growth by developing existing customers into very successful clients. You’re our ideal candidate if you have a strong history in sales and overachieving targets, have a very good industry knowledge of the global card payments eco system, and/or solid fintech knowledge incl. start-up experience within e-commerce or open banking or any other type of payments.
The location for this position is our office in Riga, Latvia so you can work closely with the team. In this role, you’ll report to head of sales for the region.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
• conduct research to identify and prioritize existing customers' needs within our segment
• promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ needs
• build long-term relationships with existing and potential customers stakeholders to grow your network
• negotiate and sign new customers, ensuring they are integrated swiftly
• use your curiosity to become an expert in payments and actively drive thought leadership in our field
• understand competitor’s products in terms of positioning, features and account acquisition strategies
Skills we can't do without
As our new Business Development Manager, you’re great to work with and can add value to our team. You enjoy up-sales and are always looking on how to create customer success!
• You can show a track record of success in IT solutions sales
• You have substantial knowledge of payments and/or fintech
• You bring motivation and passion for building/deepening business relationships
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• You are a master of seeing opportunities within customer needs and communicating product value
• Salesforce/CRM experience, strong excel knowledge
• 3 years+ working in a business development role
Skills we'd like
It would be great if you have the following skills, too:
• Specific sales methodology training or qualifications
• A wide network of contacts in Nordic/Baltic banking sector
Signs of success
As a successful hire, you will support and accelerate our company's revenue growth by doing what you do best: building relationships and delivering against your commercial objectives. Through collaboration with other departments in the business, you will build our reputation as a trusted partner and leader in financial services.
• You bring energy and a collaborative spirit
• You promote our business and solutions with passion
• You are a team player and are enjoyable to work with
• With your team, you strive to capture new opportunities and build solid relationships
• You are curious, ambitious and willing to learn
Grow with us, create tomorrow
At Worldline, we are dedicated to helping our people unlock their full potential - both professionally and personally. With comprehensive training and development programs, expert communities, and global mobility programs, you will always be able to develop and grow at Worldline - wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do. We also offer flexible hours and remote working, to empower you to be your best self at work and at home. 8 in 10 Worldliners consider Worldline a friendly place to work, and 9 in 10 are satisfied with the training & development they receive.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more about life at Worldline on careers.worldline.com