INDEPENDENT MEMBER OF SUPERVISORY BOARD (UP TO 3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
An industry leading finance company SIA DelfinGroup (further also the Company) is in a transition process from a limited liability company (SIA) to a joint stock company (AS) and is looking for independent members of the Supervisory board (LAT: Neatkarīgs padomes loceklis).
DelfinGroup's mission is to create and provide innovative and custom finance solutions to its clients. DelfinGroup’s vision is fostering broader sustainable development of the community and wider economy as a result of empowering more people via financial inclusion.
One of the Company's strategic objectives is to strengthen corporate governance by introducing the very best and modern governance practices, recommended by OECD, Nasdaq Riga, BICG. By doing so the Company aims to increase its long-term value, especially, its competitiveness in capital markets. The Company already has bonds listed on Nasdaq Riga.
- Add value to Company by actively participating in keeping Company’s strategy right and up to date;
- Oversee Company’s management board;
- Oversee risk governance and internal controls, assess risks;
- Introduce and maintain the best corporate governance principles;
- Oversee disclosure, communications, transparency;
- Represent all shareholders' long-term interests to increase Company's value;
- Analyse and consider the best interests of all stakeholders;
- Consult and direct Company's board and management in one's area(-s) of expertise (detailed descriptions below);
- Participate in remuneration, nominating, audit and risk committees according to one’s competences;
- Participate in meetings with the Company's management board. Expected number of regular meetings is 12 per year; Participate in quarterly all-day planning/strategy sessions;
- Observe the highest standards of ethical behaviour, comply with supervisory board’s code of conduct.
Desired areas of expertise (supervisory board member profiles):
- Corporate governance and ESG profile: strategy development, corporate governance, HR development, KPIs setting, executive evaluation and selection, stakeholder relationships and engagement, ESG, public affairs and government relations;
- Industry expert profile: strategy development, financial technologies (fintech), E-commerce, banking;
- Technology profile: strategy development, data science, statistics, big data, business intelligence, artificial intelligence, machine learning, scoring models, IT development, cybersecurity;
- Finance profile: strategy development, audit, internal audit, internal controls, corporate finance, finance modelling, financial reporting, investor relations, risk governance.
- Legal compliance with all the requirements of legal acts regulating the Company and its operations;
- Minimum 5 years successful experience in a similar position (supervisory board, management board, top executive level (C-level management)) in a large and successful private or public company that operates in finance, e-commerce, consumer services industry. Successful means profitable, growing, top 1-3 positions in industry, large – according to national standards;
- Personal qualities: ability to hold productive and constructive discussions and making rational and prompt decisions; ability to listen to understand and ask relevant questions; ability to collaborate; integrity, openness, trustworthiness, diligence, respectfulness, conciseness, honesty, leadership, energetic and willing to learn;
- Impeccable reputation and preparedness to undergo background check;
- Willingness to become a corporate insider due to the existence of listed securities on Nasdaq Riga.
Application has to consist of:
- Brief motivation letter summarising reasons for applying and why your candidature deserves attention, CV (short form), detailed description of areas of expertise (profiles indicated above).
- Experience working in a team of diligent, ambitious and highly skilled professionals in one of the most successful privately and locally owned and grown companies.